I have worked at Noli for the last 4 years and I love being part of this team. My goal as the AVID teacher is to prepare all my students for success in the future. Our program builds strong bonds between the students and teachers while encouraging our students to reach for their biggest goals. Working with the AVID kids at Noli is a privilege and a joy.
M.A. in Education- Azusa Pacific University
B.A. in Drama- UC Irvine
What is AVID?
AVID stands for “Advancement Via Individual Determination”.
- AVID College Readiness System is an academic regularly scheduled elective class during the school day.
- The curriculum is based on writing and critical thinking and reading, inquiry, and collaborative learning strategies. The three main components are Academic instruction, Tutorial support, and College Readiness
- The AVID Mission Statement AVID's mission is to close the achievement gap by preparing all students for college readiness and success in a global society.
- To succeed in a rigorous curriculum
- To complete a rigorous college preparatory path
- To enter mainstream activities of the school
- To increase their enrollment in four-year colleges
- To become educated and responsible participants and leaders in a democratic society